While surfing, I came across this list: The best beer in Canada. Looking at this list, I see that most of these beers are from Quebec.
Now, I understand that the LCBO is a big nasty entity that doesn’t like to bring in smaller breweries, or so that is what people like to believe. I’ve spoken to someone who works for LCBO and said that they are open to bringing different beers to the market. Yes, it has to pass certain requirements for Ontario, but they’ll bring different items in.
So, looking at this list, I have to admit that I’ve not seen at least more than three-quarters of these beers. Maybe being in French-afraid Ontario, we shy away from our Quebec brothers, but if they have some really good beer, maybe we’ve been mistaken.
Check it out. Maybe we need to start a revolution? Let’s start getting these in Ontario stores.
Again, why should we only see these in the dep?
Here are the top 10, from the list:
- La Face Cachée de la Pomme Neige Recolte D’Hiver
- La Face Cachée de la Pomme Neige Reserve
- Dieu du Ciel Péché Mortel
- La Face Cachée de la Neige Premiere
- Dieu du Ciel Péché Mortel en Fût de Bourbon Américain
- Dieu du Ciel Aphrodisiaque
- Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus
- Dieu du Ciel Grande Noirceur
- Unibroue Trois Pistoles
- St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
Honestly, I love beer. I’ve only heard of the last two. Who can say “no” to oatmeal?